PwC, Climate Focus, Winrock and IUCN, released a study commissioned by the UK government that assesses the options for how the UK can best support developing nations to reduce deforestation. The study:
- evaluates the effectiveness and absorptive capacity of existing REDD+ multilateral funds and programmes;
- analyzes ways in which the UK Government could undertake REDD+ activities through new bilateral agreements with forested nations;
- outlines the geographies within which the UK Government may wish to consider partnerships,
- examines the benefits and risks of doing so; and
- looks at ways in which the Government could catalyze private sector innovation and investment in REDD+.
The findings of the report have been developed through analysis and stakeholder consultation.